Monday, August 25, 2008

America's Extreme Home Makeover

Extreme Home Makeover came to Charlotte, NC at the end of July2008 and Brad had the opportunity to help manage some of the building process for the house.

The building process of the house was completed in 4 days. Brad would start around 8am and wouldn't leave until after 10pm. Before the house started, he and his friend Tim built those cedar columns that are on the porch so when it was time to work on the porch, all they had to do is install them.


Brad also had the opportunity to look at the house fully completed before they showed it to the King Family. Also, he was right upfront to see the reveal. I didn't get to see very much because I had jury duty that week and there was no way I was going to bring two crazy kids into that huge crowd; plus Brad had VIP status and I didn't.


It was a great experience for Brad. He learned a lot of new techniques about building and got the chance to help a family in need.

Brad on the reveal day.

4 comments:

C. Leah said...

That's awesome!!! What a story for him to pass on to your kids, grandkids, etc. ;)

I SO wanted to be there the day of the reveal, but there was no I could have gone either. Esp since that first week of August it was 90+ outside! :(

Jennifer M said...

how amazing!!

Dave and Melissa said...

Awesome! Nice job, Brad!

Team Draughon said...

I am looking forward to seeing that episode! I'm going to be like hey there's my Brother-in-law! I finally updated my blog...check it out