Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Griggs vs 8:30am Church

On June 15, 2008 (2 1/2 months ago) there was some changes in ward boundaries and the Huntersville Ward (our ward) was assigned to meet at the Lake Norman Building at 8:30am. Every since June 15 our Sunday mornings have been stressful! 1- Because church is at 8:30am and 2- We have to drive twice the distance as before to get to the building. I think we have made it to church on time once, that is before opening song. I am a complete night owl and I am not handling this early morning stuff very well.

I loved it when we had 1pm church time. It was the best! We would sleep in, make breakfast for the family, I would review my lesson, the kids got a nap before church. It was great! Now church mornings are running around looking for passys, eating breakfast in the car, and fussing at each other of who's fault it is for making us late. Which is it usually my fault.

If church was at 5:30am I would still attend, probably make it just as Relief Society is starting though. The point is...I really don't like going to church at 8:30am but I will always follow our Bishop's decision.

3 comments:

Becky Darlington said...

I feel the same way...I seriously hoping the new bishopric will change the time to at least 11 am.

Jennifer M said...

We feel your pain. Let's start our own church.

Jennifer M said...

Good news, Kellie! Someone must have been reading your blog because they announced the change to 9:00 church this morning!