I still cannot believe we did this, but Brad and I camped out at Best Buy on Thanksgiving night for the Black Friday deals.
For the longest time, we have been wanting a laptop; since Brad was forced to become self employed the wanting of a laptop became the Need for a laptop. Money is tight right now, so we needed a real good deal. My experience before with Black Friday told me that with HOT ticketed items you have to camp out for them. So we did.
Right after we finished dinner at my Grandma Marlow's house, I dropped Brad off at Best Buy at 7:30pm (already we were the 23 in line) while I took the kids to my Grandma Gibson's House to get them ready to spend the night. I finally got back to Best Buy around 9:00pm.
So we waited out in the cold for over 8hrs to purchase a laptop. Overall, I would have to say that it was a very good experience...actually it was a lot of fun. There were the experts with their tents, blow up mattresses and kerosene heaters. Plus there was these kids playing guitars and singing. Brad and I actually got to know the people standing in line around us and we ended up hanging out with them all night laughing and cracking jokes. Only bad part was it got pretty cold around 1:00am, and it wasn't as hard as I thought to stay up all night (well, I am really a night owl)
It was so much fun! Plus we got our laptop which was great! (FYI: It was a Toshiba 4GB Memory with 260GB Hard Drive w/ built in web cam. Also, came with mouse, antivirus software, and protective case...all for $479.99 plus tax)
This is one experience I won't forget and I probably would do it again for the right deal. Next time I will bring a camera and a blow up mattress.
2 comments:
DANG! That's awesome! I got to Target at 4:40 to stand in line. I went for the wagon I got my kids. :)
WOW!! That's awesome you did that and got a good deal. :)
Post a Comment