I love Thanksgiving! A holiday that is surrounded by food and be thankful for your blessings is a great holiday in my book. Also, I love the Thanksgiving dinner: turkey, mash potatoes and gravy, fresh bread, etc. Being in Mississippi this year we went to Grandpa Griggs house with all of Brad's siblings (minus Laura, she is in Nebraska and couldn't make it down). This year we had fried turkey just because I love it so much.
In fact Brad fried the turkeys, we had two this year. I was in charge of the mash potatoes and gravy, which I made homemade gravy and made 10 lbs worth of mash potatoes. I think I made too many but I wanted to make sure there was plenty. The food was really good and I ate a lot that night.

I told Brian to bring asparagus (he needed to bring something) and I would cook it, so here I am finishing the asparagus. (Don't think you can see the baby bump, but I am wearing maternity clothes. The stretching maternity pants came in handy since I pigged out on dinner)

Brad was outside keeping watch over the turkey. He went straight from work to Barry's house and brought grubby clothes since he was dealing with oil. He prepped and did all the work on the turkey.

The finished product and that is one good looking bird. (This was turkey #2, the first one was a little chard, but still juicy inside. The look on Brad's face was priceless when he brought the first turkey in, he thought it was ruined but when we sliced it..it was perfect inside)

Amy and I showed up to Thanksgiving dinner matching. This was totally unplanned, we got there first and when she walked in I busted out laughing. Amy is squatting down to make up for the height difference, she towers over me.
No comments:
Post a Comment