Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Back Woods Living


Well, after living in our house for about 2 weeks. I found some major disadvantages of living back in the woods.
  1. Really poor Internet service. Since we live about a mile away from a paved road, we do not get good Internet access. The Internet comes on for 30 seconds (yes, I said seconds) and goes off for about 2 mins and then repeats. Right now we are hooked up temporally until they come and bury a permanent cable our Internet service is practically non-existent. Also, bad news…it looks like the Internet Company will not put in the permanent line until June 27th!! This SUCKS! We use the Internet all the time and I am having withdraw issues.
  2. Pests. No I am not talking about my kids, even though they pester me all the time.  I am talking about bugs and whatever got into our trash can the other day. The kids have been leaving the door open and flies have been coming in and making themselves at home. I do not know where my fly swatter is, it is packed in some box. Once we get some landscaping done, I am going to have Terminx or some other company come and spray around the house. I rather eat less or not go to the movies than to have to deal with bugs in/around the house.
  3. Driveway problems. Living on a dirt road, you own the road… so it is up to you to keep up the maintenance. With all the rain we have had, it is washing away some of our drive way and now we have to pay more money to put in some more gravel. I am tired of spending all of my money on the house building and land….I should get used to it because it never ends. Not to mention we share a driveway with my parents and my Dad is always putting in these water culverts (aka speed bumps) to help keep the road from washing away. BUT those bumps are a pain! You will see what I am talking about if you come over for a visit.

Even though I am complaining…it is really nice having our own place. With everything in Life…I should know by now that nothing goes or is perfect. I have even found things I don’t like about our new house…such as floor deflection!! It goes along with a crawl space but I hate it!

No comments: