Brad
As always, he is works, works, works! The last few months things have been mildly slower and he is getting home at a decent time of 6pm. Having him home early just makes life in the evenings so much easier. Brad has also been working hard on our yard. Our yard is in rough shape and we are spending a lot of money on landscaping to get it looking somewhat decent. I think it will take a few years for the grass to be looking like the nice plush, green grass that we want. Brad seems to be enjoying working in 'his' yard. I am glad because I hate yard work.
Kellie
Once again..after watching some food documentaries I am on this healthy food kick and since I am on the health food kick it means my family is on it too...HA. We watched Forks Over Knifes and we are now cutting back on meat and dairy, and eating more fruits and veggies. I don't want to become vegan or vegetarian , but just eat a lot less of dairy and meat. I think it is going well. You will not believe how much you'll save in money by not buying meat. Brad has been struggling with the lack of dairy milk, but the week when family was here He started drinking it again, and then he noticed his sinuses became worse. So now I think he is back on board with the soy milk and besides the kids love it.
Kasey
She is enjoying being out of school and I am happy not to have to wake up at 6:30am every day. Kasey has actually been very helpful lately. She has switched the laundry for me and has kept Zeke out of trouble. I have noticed Kasey wants to help but she looses interest after a few minutes, and then I have to make her finish the job she wanted to start. Kasey is still in LaLa land and is constantly jumping around to the rhythm in her head. However, the conversations with Kasey are improving, before you could not get a coherent thought from her because she was so random, but now she is talking your hear off about things you can actually follow.
Beau
He is still my sweet boy, but a lot more goofy now. I feel sorry for Beau because for almost his entire life he has gotten the sleeping shaft. Like his momma..he likes to sleep in but gets woken up by his roommate. First it was Kasey waking him up early and now it is Zeke. Can the poor guy get some sleep? Beau has been very helpful as well, but unlike Kasey he does a good job and keeps it up. The other day he helped my parents work in the yard and they paid him $2.25, the 25 cents was for tithing. So last Sunday he brought his quarter and Brad helped him fill out his tithing slip. He was so happy to give his money to Jesus. Like I said before he is such a sweet boy.
Zeke
We don't call him "Zeke the Destroyer" for nothing. Lately, we are having a hard time keeping him contained. He climbs over gates and pack in plays, opens doors, breaks child locks...we almost need a dog crate. We cannot Zeke proof everything so our home is at the mercy of The Destroyer, and hope that he doesn't recognize all the things he could destroy. He is like Kasey now and wants to be around other people. Kasey hates to be alone and now Zeke is acting like that as well. Since Lonnie was born he has become very clingy, while before he wouldn't care to be on your lap. We try to give him extra attention but with 4 kids it is hard to spare attention, let alone have some time for yourself and alone time with the spouse. Also, I can tell Zeke is growing, he is looking like a little boy instead of a toddler. I am often amazed on how big he looks now. At his 2 yr mark he was 36 inches, which gives him a projection to be 6 ft tall. That made Brad happy since I bring the shorty gene into the equation.
Lonnie
She is GROWINGi! Everyday I wake up and can tell the difference in her size and features. There was a month where she was growing because she wasn't getting enough food. So now I have to make sure to feed her every chance I can get. She is at a good age where she is smiling and laughing a lot, but not mobile. (I cannot have 2 kids tearing everything up). All the kids love Lonnie and are constantly giving her hugs and kisses. She hates to be lying down and always has to be sitting up where she can see. So far she has been a real good baby, but I am not jinxing myself this time because I said Zeke was a great baby and now he is a terrible two yr old. Everyone always comments on how wide she opens her eyes. It makes her look bright eyed, but sometimes bug eyed..which means she is sometimes cute but then funny looking. I do feel like she has completed our family and now I am not in a hurry for her to grow up.
No comments:
Post a Comment