Friday, August 9, 2013

Blog Reader

Yes, I like to read other people's blogs. I had a blogger I used to like to read.... because she didn't have any kids and so her blog was full of fun interesting topics like books, music, food, etc. I found some interesting TV shows and foods based on her blog posts. Well, she just had a baby and now her blog is ALL ABOUT her kid. What the kid ate, sleep schedule, growth spurts, whatever. So I don't enjoy her posts as much.

I mean it is not her fault. Like me.. she probably blogs just to keep a record of her family life but I used to really enjoy her blog. Plus she is not writing her blog just for me but I cannot help to feel that she is now like every other blogger out there. You know the "everything is perfect" blogger who talks about how her kid(s) are wonderful and how she has "the best husband in the world."

I am being too mean about this. My kids control the TV (only 1 tv in the house) most of the time, so I go to the Internet for distractions and interesting reads. Also, most moms with their first kid are over the moon about their kids, but not me... this 4 kid mom is no longer "over the moon". I absolutely love my kids and often talk about them to other people in person, but I want to hear about other exciting things going on in the world of the people I know when it is coming from the Internet. I love hearing about your adventures and things you like. Your story takes me out of my reality for just a moment and I need that...I need to know there are other fun things going on besides how great your kids are.

If you are going to talk about your kids....talk about the good and the b..a..d!!! I know and you know the bad often out weights the good. So lets hear about it.. so us other moms in the trenches can relate to you. Plus, for what it is worth (and it ain't worth much because it is me) I would have so much respect for the blogger that keeps it real.

My blog can be "upbeat" at times because I cannot write about how I want to tie my kids to a chair and duct tape their mouths everyday (the sibling fighting is pushing me over the edge), because social services would be knocking on my door.

So in conclusion/disclosure of my ramblings....

-yes, people can write about whatever they want
-yes, it is NOT other peoples job to entertain me
-yes, I can choose to read the happy blogs or not, and shouldn't complain
-yes, Just because I do not think I have perfect kids or a perfect husband doesn't mean that other people cannot think that
-no, I do not consider myself a bitter, cynical person. I am more of a realist. Life is full of good and bad moments, and to deny the bad is lying to yourself. In order to enjoy the sweet you must taste the bitter.
-no, I do not tie up my kids, nor put duct tape over their mouths
-yes, at some point everyday I DO want to tie them up and gag them, but I do not. {Please read the above bullet one more time, because I do not need the hassle of being investigated by the county. In words of Sweet Brown..."Nobody ain't got time for that" Please click the link to clarify http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nh7UgAprdpM }

No comments: