I only have a moment to type so I have to keep it short...
Got a call that a spot opened up at the Langtree Charter School that we applied too and Kasey was next on the list for 2nd grade. This means I would have to pull Kasey out of her school in the middle of the year and switch schools. Beau would have to stay behind at Shepherds and Kasey go to another to the new school that is 10 miles away. I only had a one week
I originally applied thinking it would be nice to have all of our kids at the same school.
So for the next week I stressed and stressed over this decision. I felt like this decision would dictate my children's educational future, and I knew that if I closed this door another one would not open for me.
I contacted friends with kids in this charter school, friends that homeschools, friends with kids in Shepherds, friends who teach at charter schools, and did lots of internet researching. I prayed and fasted as well.
So after 1 week's worth of crying, worrying, and changing my mind back and forth. I finally had to go with my gut and not my brain....so we declined the offer. For some reason I just couldn't pull her out of her current school in the middle of the year and put her somewhere by herself and far away. I wonder if I will regret this decision later. Time will tell.
No comments:
Post a Comment