This being our first time being in Mississippi during Mardi Gras season, we had to soak in the Mardi Gras spirit. Even though Mardi Gras Day in not until Feb 16th, the festivities start weeks ahead of time. We already have eaten two King cakes, my favorite being Paul's King Cake with Strawberry Cream cheese filling...SO GOOD!
These are the pictures from our first parade, which was at downtown Ocean Springs. We plan on going to one or two more. I enjoyed it and I think the kids enjoyed it as well. It was a little cold and after a while they got bored with it.
I didn't get a picture of some of the floats, but since this was an early parade the floats weren't that special. The Mardi Gras Day floats should be awesome and I will get some pictures of those floats!!

Daddy holding the kids so they can get a better look at the parade.

Beads, Beads, Beads!!!

Brad took a picture of me trying to score more beads. Notice the blue dolphin in my arms...this Beauty Queen in the parade pointed Beau out in the crowd and motioned us to come up to her so she could give him this stuff animal.
No comments:
Post a Comment