Sunday, July 22, 2012

New Furniture

photo
(Front legs not on yet)

I have always wanted a piano in our home. So this weekend we took a little trip to Lillington, NC to get the Griggs family piano from Brad's sister Laura. They are military and are tired of moving it around, so we are inheriting the piano Brad practiced on when he was a kid, but he never made it out of the beginner stage.

Now the hard part.. learning how to play! I played the clarinet for 8 yrs (did you know that?) , so I can read music and can play right handed single note playing, but the hard part will be the left hand. However, I am up for the challenge. Another hard part is keeping the kids from banging on it. Eventually, I will want them to take piano lessons, but right now they just want to bang on it.

Good thing we do not have neighbors close to we can  play as loud as we want late into the night. Wait! That's right we have kids..so I guess no late loud music. Too bad, I wanted to get my Tori Amos on....maybe I am 15 yrs too late.

No comments: