Tuesday, September 25, 2012

No football players here...

Brad LOVES football.
It would absolutely make his day to see one of his sons play football...decently well.

The other day Brad came to me after we put the kids to bed  and said in a defeated attitude "I don't think my sons will be athletic."
Our boys are polar opposites from each other when it comes to physical activity

Well, there is Beau...he is super cautious and uncoordinated. He has been that way forever, but he makes up for it by his compassion. I always said he was a lover not a fighter. However, we are trying to pull some more of the "fighter" out and enrolled Beau into Karate. Everyone needs a little push out of their comfort zone.

Then, there is Zeke. The human wrecking ball. You would think Zeke could be athletic since he is so physical, but he is SO clumsy and uncoordinated too. He other day I was in the boys room and I could hear Zeke running down the hall towards me. I hear a Crash, Boom, Thud, and then Crying. No one was even near him and Zeke managed to trip, then hit his head on the wall, followed by falling on the floor and hitting his head a second time. 

I cannot tell you HOW many times I find fresh bruises on Zeke's body and wondering where in the world did this come from. Basically the boy needs to be in a padded room. He could be more of a stunt man then football player.

You never know...both of our boys may surprise us.

No comments: