31.
Nothing over the top this year. Unlike my 30th were I spent a weekend in Myrtle Beach with my best friends/sisters.
However, it was special because it is MY birthday. The day started out rough by Lonnie waking up at 1am and not going back to sleep until 7am, but it got better and better as the day progressed.
Highlights:
Great luncheon with wonderful friends.
Thoughtful gifts from my husband.
Kid free dinner with Brad for some very tasty BBQ. (I got to choose the place and I was craving BBQ.
Go figure because I usually choose
somewhere more fancy.)
Family dinner the following night at my parents.
It was a good day.
However, maybe next year I will go over the top again because I think it is more fun to "live it up" on your birthday than keeping it low key. When it comes to the birthday numbers... maybe all of the evens will be eventful and all the odds will be simple.
I leave you with a picture of me and Dad at our Family Birthday dinner. Since our birthdays are only 3 days apart.
I know I know. This isn't the best picture of me. Blame the lighting, the photographer(Brad!), the no make up and the extra baby weight I am carrying around. However, pictures of me and Dad together are rare and I have to savor the moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment