Recently on my way to Laura's house (sister in law), I got a flat tire in the middle of nowhere without cell phone coverage. It was me and the kids and I was 1.5 hrs from home and 1 hr to Laura's. Seriously....it was on some back country road with nothing around me except for some old abandoned buildings that looked like it housed some crack heads.
Anyways... within minutes of having a flat tire this man (BJ) came to my rescue. BJ actually worked for a tire company and he had all the needed tools to put on my spare tire. BJ told me where to go to get new tires that late in the evening, because most places where closed. This man literally saved us because I had no idea where my spare was, had no cell phone coverage, and it was in the middle of no where.
Well, we got new tires and went on to Laura's house. The next day I called BJ's manager and told him what he did. I even sent him a thank you card with a Bojangles Gift Card to where he worked. I was very grateful for his service.
This brings me to now.
Yesterday, I was getting gas when this man approached me asking me for some money for gas, because he was out of work and he needed to go to Fort Mill to see his mother-in-law at the hospital. Instead of giving him some money...I filled up his gas tank. Which was like $32. In that moment I really wanted to help this person, because we were out of work at one point of time. Plus, BJ recently helped me in my time of need.
Now I am thinking that I might have gotten scammed, because afterward I remembered my relative gave some money to a lady for some gas (debit card not working excuse) and then the following week the same lady was there again asking for money.
I hate to think I just gave $32 to a scammer, but if it was for someone truly in need then $32 is nothing. I guess it is better to be trusting and help people and sometimes get duped, rather than not serve at all.
No comments:
Post a Comment