There is a newly engaged couple in the ward and they have that "young", "you are so wonderful", "constantly holding hands", "sparkle in the eyes", "new" kind of love.
At church I saw they were holding hands during sacrament.... then I look at Brad and he is the furthest away from me as possible on the pew... with all the kids between us.
At church I saw they were holding hands during sacrament.... then I look at Brad and he is the furthest away from me as possible on the pew... with all the kids between us.
I remember when we were like that. That young love. I know we got on some people's nerves how lovey, dovey we were, but we didn't care. Almost 10 yrs later we are not the same as were back in the day. Yes, the newness has worn off but our bond has gotten stronger threw our trials...4 kids, unemployment, moves, family drama, and everything else Life throws at you.
After church..the kids were watching TV in the living room so Brad and I (exhausted from the day) laid down in bed for a moment. In that uninterrupted 20 mins we laughed, smiled, planned, discussed, and enjoyed each other's company.
Then I realized that....we still got it!

No comments:
Post a Comment